Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dazed... Discouraged... and Disillusioned...


There have been a lot of things on my mind lately... Dealing with work, school and of course home... not too much different from the majority of the rest of the world... I just have been thinking a lot about my own little family that I would love to expand! I get a lot of comments from people randomly like "When are you two going to start having kids?" or "You know you're not getting any younger you should think about having kids..." or my favorite "You're lucky you don't have any kids right now"... is there a sign on my forehead that says i'm not trying?


I do believe in eternal families and so I am more than grateful to have experienced the opportunity to hold my daughter even if it was for a short amount of time.. I will cherish the day when I get to meet her again... But honestly I wish certain people would mind their own business... Would you like me to update you with every miscarriage I have so that you know that we are trying? I'm venting now because it's my blog and I can do that... it's just frustrating sometimes... most times...

So the other day I came home from work and the house was empty... I turned on the TV and started flipping through the channels and came across the movie UP... As I was watching the love story portion of it when it got to this scene (the one below) I broke into tears... I am not the first nor the last woman to ever lose a child or experience multiple miscarriages following my daughters death and I won't be the last.... But for right now, in this moment, for me, I would appreciate it if people just kept their comments to themselves. As long as I have the love of my Eternal Companion and he and I continue to do what we need to be doing, whenever the Lord sees fit to bless us with a child, will be good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.